The Duke of Edinburgh opens a new stand at Lord's Cricket ground
The Duke of Edinburgh, Honorary Life Member of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) visits Lord's Cricket Ground to open the new Warner Stand.
The Duke of Edinburgh has a long association with cricket and is officially involved with over 20 cricketing institutions worldwide. His Royal Highness was greeted by representatives from the Cricketing world, including former England international Mike Gatting.
Originally built in 1958, the new Warner stand is named after celebrated former England captain Sir Pelham Warner.
Upon arrival at Lord's, His Royal Highness met representatives of the MCC, alongside engineers and members of the construction team who have been involved in creating the new stand.
The Duke then visited the outfield, where he met architects and descendants of Sir Pelham Warner, before officially opening the new stand.