The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry lead a nationwide campaign involving several charities to end stigma around mental health.
How did Heads Together begin?
Through their work with young people, emergency response, homeless charities, and veterans, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry discovered that often unresolved mental health problems lie at the heart of some of our greatest social challenges.
Supported by The Royal Foundation, Heads Together was launched to try to change the national conversation on mental wellbeing.
We have seen time and time again that shattering stigma on mental health starts with simple conversations.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
Heads Together wants to help people feel much more comfortable with their everyday mental wellbeing and have the practical tools to support their friends and family.
Discover the stories behind Heads Together:
One of the key aims of Heads Together is to encourage people to talk to one another about their struggles openly.
In a new series of films, people from all over the UK including actor and writer Stephen Fry, musician Professor Green and comedienne Ruby Wax, reveal the moment when they first opened up about their mental health problems and the relief they felt when others around them started to do the same.
Find out more about the films here.
How can I get involved in the campaign?
- We’d love you, your friends & followers to join the conversation and if you do use #headstogether and #oktosay so we can hear you
- Visit the ‘Get Involved’ section to see how you or your organisation can support Heads Together
- The Heads Together campaign has been selected as the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon Charity of the Year. Show your support by tweeting #headstogether
- Follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for live coverage on 23 April 2017
If you or a friend or family member needs help with dealing with their mental health, you can find support from one of the Heads Together charity partners:
- Best Beginnings
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably
- The Mix