During the visit Her Majesty was accompanied by The Duke of York – who was introduced as a Royal Bencher in 2012.
The Archives of Lincoln's Inn include the longest-running record series of any of the four Inns of Court: the Black Books, which start in 1422.
There have been several Royal Visits in Lincoln’s Inn 596 year history. Queen Victoria opened the Great Hall on 30 October 1845 and in celebration of the 100th anniversary, Queen Mary planted a walnut tree in the North Lawn in 1945. Her Majesty last visited the Inn in 1967.
The Queen met people involved in the building’s construction as well as students, scholars and staff from the Education department.
In the Great Hall, Her Majesty and The Duke of York meet tutors, Education Committee members, Past Treasurers, Senior Benchers and key members of the Inn’s staff.
The Queen then unveiled a plaque to re-open the Great Hall.
Her Majesty and The Duke of York also signed the Golden Book, a visitor’s book previously signed by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
At the end of the visit, Her Majesty received a posy.