The wedding of Princess Eugenie of York with Mr Jack Brooksbank – members of the public invited to Windsor Castle grounds
Published 03 July 2018
Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank have invited members of the public to join in the celebrations of their wedding on Friday 12th October.
The couple announced an opportunity for 1,200 people from across the United Kingdom to be invited into the grounds of Windsor Castle to share the experience of their special day.
The applications are now closed for the ballot.
The attendees will view the arrival of the congregation and Members of the Royal Family, listen to a live broadcast of the Marriage Service and watch as the Bride and Groom depart St George's Chapel at the end of the ceremony.
The newly married couple will then undertake a short carriage procession through part of Windsor High Street. The carriage will process through the grounds of Windsor Castle, departing via Castle Hill to proceed along part of the High Street before returning to the Castle via Cambridge Gate.
Also present in the Castle Grounds will be representatives of charities supported by Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, together with members of the Windsor community and children from the local schools which Her Royal Highness attended. Residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff will also be present.
Her Royal Highness and Mr. Brooksbank became engaged in January 2018 and the Royal Wedding will take place on 12th October 2018.
Members of the public were invited to apply for the positions in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Applicants are selected subject to the following accreditation process and terms and conditions:
- Applicants must be over 5 years of age and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Applicants must be living at a UK (or British Forces) postal address.
- Individuals can only apply once, not multiple times.
- Groups of families or friends (up to 4 individuals) should apply on the same form. Should one member of the group be successful in the ballot, all members will be considered to have been successful. The individual completing the application form must seek the permission of the other group members prior to providing their personal information in the application form.
The personal information required for each individual includes:
- Surname, First name(s), Any previous names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Current address (including post code)
- Telephone numbers (home and mobile)
- Email address
The personal information in the application form is gathered for the purpose of administering the Royal Wedding public ballot, for undertaking accreditation checks, and for subsequent related communications with individuals who are successful in the ballot. For further information about how your data will be processed, please see this Royal Wedding privacy notice.
The ballot was open between 18th July and 8th August 2018.
Successful applicants will be notified by email. Entry Cards and information issued by post at a later date. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
Entry Cards for the event are not transferable. Individuals will be required to bring photographic identification and proof of address with them on the day.
If you require further information, please email [email protected]