The Wedding of Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank: An update
Published 14 September 2018
Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie and Mr. Jack Brooksbank have been touched by the many good wishes they have received in the run up to their Wedding on 12th October 2018. They are looking forward to celebrating with their family, friends, and members of the public within the Castle grounds and in Windsor. As the Wedding approaches the couple wish to share the following details of the day:
- The Wedding Service will take place at St George’s Chapel at 1100hrs, with The Dean of Windsor, The Rt Revd. David Conner officiating. The Archbishop of York, The Most Revd. and Rt. Hon. John Sentamu, will lead the prayers.
- The couple are delighted Her Majesty The Queen has agreed for the grounds of Windsor Castle to be opened to those wishing to join the celebrations. After receiving over 100,000 applications, invitations have now gone out to the 1,200 members of the public who will join them on the day.
- Other guests in the Castle grounds will include representatives of charities and organisations supported by the couple, including the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, the Teenage Cancer Trust, the Salvation Army and the UN Trust Fund to End Violence Against Women. Children from two local schools, St George’s School and Coworth Flexlands School, both of which Princess Eugenie attended, will be present, alongside members of the Windsor community, residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff.
- After the service, the newly married couple will undertake a short ride in a carriage from the Royal Mews, out of Windsor Castle and on to part of the High Street. Opportunities for members of the public wishing to view the couple are on Castle Hill, the High Street and Park Street, echoing the route taken by The Earl and Countess of Wessex following their wedding. The carriage will not travel along the Long Walk.
- Following the carriage procession, The Queen will give a Reception at Windsor Castle for the couple and their wedding guests.
The King's speech at the State Banquet for the Republic of Korea
As our nations strive towards a harmony between progress and preservation, between the past and the present, we can look to the future with great confidence as our peoples...
The Queen's speech at the Foreign Press Association Awards 2023
Yours is an awe-inspiring responsibility: you question, debate and analyse and thus protect what is so easy for us to take for granted – true freedom of expression.
The Queen's speech at The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023
Well done to each and every one of you – you are quite brilliant and I have, as ever, enormously enjoyed reading your entries.
The Prince of Wales visits Manchester, launching latest Community Impact Project16 November 2023
The Princess of Wales delivers keynote speech at Shaping Us National Symposium15 November 2023
Charities founded by His Majesty The King as The Prince of Wales
Further information about the State Visit of the President of the Republic of Korea
Remarks by His Majesty The King at the United Nations Office Nairobi, Kenya
As we look ahead to COP twenty-eight in another months time, we must remember what President Ruto said at the Africa Climate Summit – “we go far when we go together”.
A Speech by His Majesty The King at the State Banquet, Kenya
We both take considerable pride in renewing the ties between the United Kingdom and Kenya, a country that has long held such special meaning for my family.