- Rewards and Benefits
- Lifestyle and Flexible Working Options
- Your wellbeing
- Social and on-site facilities
Rewards and Benefits
Working for the Royal Household is a highly rewarding experience. Our people tell us that it’s the community spirit, and the variety of benefits on offer, that help to make working here so exceptional.
We regularly review the details of our package to make sure it’s competitive and that it offers something for everyone.
- Pay – We work hard to ensure our salaries are reflective of the market median, and we offer a competitive reward package to all employees. We review basic pay rates each year, and offer performance rewards to recognise your achievements.
- Holiday – 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 after three years, 28 days after five years and 30 days after ten, plus public and bank holidays (based on a full time role).
- Pension scheme – An important part of our rewards package is our pension scheme. We recognise how important it is to help you save for your retirement, therefore we offer a good, non-contributory occupational scheme. If you choose, you can make your own contributions, or take part of our contribution as salary.
- Life assurance and death in service benefits of four times your salary.
- Complimentary lunch is provided for all employees.
- Accommodation – If your role requires you to live on-site in London, your package will include all meals, and subsidised accommodation.
- We can support you with relevant training and development opportunities to aid you in your career. This can vary from soft skills training courses run in house to technical training and sponsorships for professional qualifications.
- Our Cycle to Work salary sacrifice schemes, Car Leasing Scheme and interest free Season Ticket Loans can help you make savings.
- Employee Discounts – all employees receive 20% discount at our Royal Collection Trust Shops, as well as a range of exclusive Royal warrant holder discounts. We also offer discounts on a huge range of retail, services, leisure activities and more.
- Days out - All employees receive complimentary Royal Collection Trust admission tickets across all our locations to share with family and friends. You can also enjoy a day or evening out with a number of special ticket arrangements, including gardens, historic palaces, art exhibitions, racing and music concerts.
Lifestyle and Flexible Working Options
We recognise that, for whatever reason, our employees need to balance their work life and home life. We therefore offer a number of ways to support varying lifestyles.
- Flexible working options, such as: part-time working, compressed hours, home working and job shares.
- We also support working parents with generous maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave and pay, together with a number of ways that we can help balance work and family life.
- We encourage employees to contribute to the community, and so offer up to five days Volunteering leave per year to support charitable work.
- Life event leave and banked leave are designed to help plan for significant events, such as a honeymoon, moving house or graduation.
- And we’re happy to consider additional holiday purchase, special unpaid leave or career breaks.
Your wellbeing is a big priority for us, and we are proud to have recently been awarded the Investors in People Good Practice Award for Health and Wellbeing.
We provide a range of internal and external services to support our people.
Should you become ill, we have supportive sick pay schemes. We also know there may be times when our employees would appreciate advice or support in dealing with a personal situation either at home or at work. We therefore provide access to an independent 24 hour confidential help-line, staffed by advisors, who are trained to listen and respond to a range of problems.
Building resilience in our workforce is important. We offer a variety of recreational facilities and online tools to help support fitness, healthy eating and your personal wellbeing.
Social and on-site facilities
''Social activities provide opportunities to meet people across Departments, which really helps in your role.''
By joining the Royal Household you're joining a community.
We have a number of active sports clubs and societies. From our choir, film society and book club, to a number of sports teams who meet and compete regularly. With a variety of social events throughout the year, there are many ways to get involved, meet colleagues and enjoy your interests and hobbies.
Whether you enjoy a morning swim, weekend round of golf or a regular workout at the gym, you can take advantage of a range of on-site facilities, as well as corporate arrangements at local premises available to you. There’s also cycle storage at all sites, and we even offer loans for the purchase of a bike.