Published 19 May 2018
Her Majesty The Queen is giving a Lunchtime Reception at St George's Hall in Windsor Castle for around 600 guests drawn from the Wedding Service congregation.
Guests will be served a selection of canapés, including:
- Scottish Langoustines wrapped in Smoked Salmon with Citrus Crème Fraiche
- Grilled English Asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian Ham
- Garden Pea Panna Cotta with Quail Eggs and Lemon Verbena
- Heritage Tomato and Basil Tartare with Balsamic Pearls
- Poached Free Range Chicken bound in a Lightly Spiced Yoghurt with Roasted Apricot
- Croquette of Confit Windsor Lamb, Roasted Vegetables and Shallot Jam
- Warm Asparagus Spears with Mozzarella and Sun-Blush Tomatoes
Guests will also be served a selection of bowl food, including:
- Fricassee of Free Range Chicken with Morel Mushrooms and Young Leeks
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Pea Shoots, Truffle Oil and Parmesan Crisps
- Ten Hour Slow Roasted Windsor Pork Belly with Apple Compote and Crackling
Sweet canapés will also be served, including:
- Champagne and Pistachio Macaroons
- Orange Crème Brûlée Tartlets
- Miniature Rhubarb Crumble Tartlets
The wedding cake will also be served at the Reception. Designed by Claire Ptak, the wedding cake features elderflower syrup made at The Queen’s residence in Sandringham from the estate’s own elderflower trees, as well as a light sponge cake uniquely formulated for the couple. A filling made from Amalfi lemon curd and elderflower buttercream ties all the elements together. The cake is decorated with Swiss meringue buttercream and 150 fresh flowers, mainly British and in season, including peonies and roses.
To drink, guests will be served Pol Roger Brut Réserve Non Vintage Champagne, and a selection of wines. A range of soft drinks will also be served, including an apple and elderflower mocktail, made with the same elderflower syrup as used in the wedding cake, and Sandringham Cox's apple juice.
The Reception will include the cutting of the wedding cake and speeches from The Prince of Wales and Prince Harry. The Duke of Cambridge, who is the Best Man, will act as compere for the Reception.
The King commissions 'Windrush: Portraits of a Pioneering Generation'
A message of condolence from The King to the President of India following the train crash in Odisha
I would like to express our deepest possible condolences to the families of all those who have so tragically lost their lives.
Remarks by His Majesty The King in Bucharest, Romania
Domnule Presedinte, doamnelor si domnilor, Mr President, Ladies and Gentlemen, I cannot describe what great pleasure it gives me to be visiting Romania once again. Thank you...
A message from The King following the devastation caused by Cyclone Mocha in Myanmar and Bangladesh
We are enormously grateful to all those providing much-needed humanitarian assistance.
A Coronation message from His Majesty The King
We now rededicate our lives to serving the people of the United Kingdom, the Realms and Commonwealth.